Kamoer x1 ?

That is the question. I've been keeping an eye on them and hopefully we'll get some reviews on them. There's a single review on BRS, nothing on Amazon or Marine Depot. It looks like a really good deal for $60 and I'd like to try one. Frankly, I'm waiting for a few reviews before I pull the trigger. I believe our very own @anit77 uses a dosing pump that is the same brand and he likes it just fine. I don't know anyone who actually owns one of these units though.

That one's manual control ? You set the rate and flow and it's non-stop or you run it in a timer ?

Non-stop. It's being used for a calcium reactor. You run those 24/7.
You set the amount to dose per minute and let'er rip.

I have two X1's; one on each tank, dosing Carbo-Calcium for alk and calcium. Got them last month and so far working well. I made my own dosing containers out of VOSS bottles.

The app is pretty easy to use. The only thing odd about is that it has a Chinese character to denote minutes on the time remaining. I have been testing the alk every few days and it is holding steady at 8.5 +- 0.1. Marine Depot has a video that shows the setup of both the device and app.

Drop shot fishing on light tackle for spotted bass one cold January day. It put up a great fight!

Attachments

• 20140104_115313.jpg
    20140104_115313.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
I had one. It was louder than I liked... so I ended up getting a masterflex which ended up being even louder... lol. :(

I had one. It was louder than I liked

That's a fair point. Having never used one before, I don't have anything to compare it to. If I had a tank in my bedroom, I wouldn't want it dosing at night, or long frequent doses. In my case, the tanks are in my home office and dosing a tiny bit every three hours for 1-2 seconds.

Coral Box also makes one in this price range with a WiFi connection.

Back