Kent Tech part a and b

scubatim

Market
Reaction score
Thinking of starting to use Kent Tech part a and b in my reef tank (1000 gal total mixed coral and fish)? What are the advantages/disadvantages of dosing with this product? Would I be better using a different product?

There are a variety of 2-part products on the market, Kent was one of the first, if my memory serves.

Advantage is that you can adjust the amount of calcium supplement and alkalinity supplement per your tank's need.

Just make sure you wait a little while after dosing one, before you dose the other. This would apply to any 2-part dosing product. If you mingle the two together, they'll react with one another - which is why they are separate products in the first place. They'll precipitate and cloud up.

It's normal for the alk supplement to cause a brief cloudiness but that usually goes away in a few seconds.

Make sure to shake the bottle well before dosing - that pretty much applies to any supplemental product.

I used Kent for years - later switched to Seachem. Several other manufacturers also make 2-part. Read them all - they have subtle differences, pick the one that fits your need and budget.

Jenn

Back