Kenya Frag won't stick on a rock or plug

Betterwhereitswetter

Market
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section. (Mods if it is please do move it to the correct forum.) .

I have made a couple of frags of Kenya Tree. I have had good frags with a solid fit to the rock. (using Reef Glue) . All is going great, put them in a low flow in my tank and feeling proud of myself when two or three days later they let go or come unattached.

Any suggestions, or helpful hints would be welcomed. I am drying the base of the frag and the plug or rock well and have a solid fit so I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thanks so much for any and all help or ideas.

couple ways - with varying lengths of time / success IME

get a small basket - put SMALL pieces of rock in it - put the frag in there in the lowest flow section of your tank and then wait for it to attach. I've used a small berry washing basket and rubber band mesh netting over the top so nothing gets curious and starts messing with it.

use a rubber band to hold the base to a piece of rock for a few days and let it attach.

Ive never been able to get soft corals like that glued down - just creative ways to encourage them to attach.

I also try to put them in places where I'll be able to pull out the rock or base they are on when they start growing - makes it easier to give away.

Thank you, I use that method for mushrooms, but I have seen videos where they are glueing them straight to frag plugs or rocks. I just wasn't sure if there was a trick to get them to attach right where you wanted them with the glue. Perhaps the rubber band trick might work. Thank you.

Leathers I use a needle and thread through the base to attach to a rock or frag plug, this is almost foolproof if you go through enough meat. Some use a toothpick through the base and then rubber bands.

Toothpick and rubber bands or needle and thread as above. And low flow basket. Kenya tree grows quickly and attached fast typically- like a weed :)

Back