Kenya tree doesn't look so good...

tebriel

Market
Reaction score
Okay, so I just added (what I think is) a kenya tree to my tank Thursday night that I bought from Sal's SWC. I also bought a furry? hairy? something mushroom and it seems to be doing fine, but the Kenya Tree seems to be hanging around limp and hasn't perked up yet. Should I be worried? I just tested for Phospate: 0 as far as my API test is concerned, Nitrate: the same, 0 as far as API is concerned, Ca is 420 and KH is 8. My salinity is 1.023 or 1.024 according to my refractometer. (Which, I admit, was lower yesterday, I remedied this with a 20% water change, and I plan on bring it up to 1.025 with another water change on Tuesday.) What can I do to encourage this guy to perk up? Let me know if there are other tests I should run and I'll go out and buy the kits. I really like this guy and want the best for him. Included is a blurry picture of him sad and saggy and my mushroom.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
183545=11154-kenyatree.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
183545=11154-kenyatree.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="kenyatree.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
183545=11155-mushroom.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
183545=11155-mushroom.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="mushroom.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Dont worry... give it time. I have found that when mine is closed up that it is growing. Also make sure it has moving water, they like a strong current.

Just give him time.. he could be just fragging himself :) No, seriously, mine does that and then there will be 4 tiny kenyas pop up everywhere.

It was 1.020 or 1.021, right on the cusp of either, so I guess 1.0205. I did a water change with water that was higher salinity than 1.020 to increase it. I did not check the salinity of the water from Sal's but i drip acclimated for 1 hr, adding about 4x the volume of the original water...

Josh at SWC suggested I dose 5ml of Iodine around it since it's looking worse, I did so, anyone else have some suggestions? It's looking kinda black and is laying down now

@ dawg: 4x65 pc 2 day 2 actinic changed in October and new ones are in the mail, ph is about 8.2
@ photo: 2 koralia 2's ( maybe 3's I'll check when I get home) and one maxijet 400 maybe...can't remember that either and 1 mag 9.5 return from the sump

by ph he did not mean powerhead, he meant ph as in the one in water chemistry.

tebriel;184308 wrote: ph is about 8.2

I know, that's why I said what my pH was :thumbs:

also, they're Koralia 2's and one MaxiJet 1200 along with my Mag 9.5 return

Back