Kenya tree stung by a BTA?

down and outman

Market
Reaction score
My mobile BTA has set up his latest home front and center of my tank. It's doing very well in it's new spot but it was near one of my smaller Kenya Trees. I'm sure it was bound to happen, but the kenya is a grey blob now. It was an offshoot of the main one, which is 6 or so inches tall. The other corals and the tank are doing nicely. Does a BTA pack enough of a sting to damage softies like a Kenya Tree? Coral and anenome warfare!:bash:

When anemones and corals fight anemones usually win. There are some people who think the anemones should not be kept in a reef tank because they are coral killers when "on the move".

So far it's the only casualty. Kids who come around love it, so I'm not getting rid of it at this point. I think it found it's happy spot so for the time being he's safe.

It was a kenya tree, so the anemone did you a favor......

They rend to take over...

down and outman;337829 wrote: So far it's the only casualty. Kids who come around love it, so I'm not getting rid of it at this point. I think it found it's happy spot so for the time being he's safe.

I wasn't suggesting that you get rid of it. I have an anemone in my mixed reef as do MANY people here. :) Mine is perched nearest a forest of Xenia</em>. I am willing to take that risk. :D

The same thing happened with mine so I cut the Kenya Tree off at the base just leaving a little tissue and it grew back. Once it got big again the GBTA started stinging it so I cut it off again. This happened several times over a period of months.

Believe it or don't. The Kenya is back, alive and well! Looked nasty for a few days. I was working so I didn't mess with it. Came back on it's own.

Back