kessil A360W Review

jimmystephens

Market
Reaction score
Hey guys.
I know alot of you guys but then again I don't know alot of you.
I have been reefing for about 15 years. I have ran Leds foe the last 4 years or so and wanted to give my opinion in the kessils. I was super excited to go with them over other Leds I have had in the past. I did a build on a 65 gallon rimless tank about 6 months ago and went with 2 A360W kessils and here is my opinion.
-I love the shimmer!
-Very dim compared to other lights.
Yes I have ran Mh/t5/led setups and combos
- not impressed with growth at all. Very minimal growth.
- color was decent but not great. LPS did better than the sps.
I'm no expert like Reggie or Ralf or Seth but I've done this long enough to know that I was very disappointed in the lights. I have sold the lights and I have purchased the reef breeders 48 photon.
While I still believe that Mh is the best for growth I'm not willing to deal with the downsides of Mh. I like the ease of Leds and can deal with a little slower growth (obviously that's debatable )
Just my 2 cents for anyone looking to purchase kessils.
Thanks

That's interesting. I've had excellent growth from my 360s

That's why I said it was my opinion,
I researched a lot prior to buying them and found out that many people have had success with them. Unfortunately that was not my experience

How high over the water did you have them mounted and what intensity did you run them at?

We have very good success with them on every service tank we have put them on.

I've had mixed success with my A360W. But I've had mixed water quality lol! In my case, the problem wasn't the light.

I had them on the goosenecks. Guessing 8-10"
I know several people who have changed them out

I have both over reef breeder photon and Kessil ( 150 and 360 ) on my cube and corals are doing fine.

When I ran them I never had any issues with growth but def had issues with color. Never could get great color from LED's.

Back