Kessil Tuna Blue VS Radion QUESTION

camellia

Supporting
Reaction score
Anyone got a good guess at what strength I should adjust a Kessil TB to make anemones happy that have been under a Radion (Growth) at 75%?

I'm not around to adjust it so its on a timer, on/off.

Advise appreciated!

kylebolch;1047834 wrote: maybe you can borrow a light meter thing from someone on the forum to test it out :)

Currently and for the next 5 days I can only ask my house sitter to adjust intensity. I'm out of town, praying for the best!

Dvara78;1047866 wrote: I keep my kessil intensity at around 90% and everything seems happy.

Thank you for the response but my concern is "matching" their previous environment. I can't "acclimate" to a new/higher intensity for another week.

I'm just hoping to keep them stable with a different light...

Having owned the A350w and now a Radion G3 Pro, I can honestly say that you'll have to keep your blue/white channels both at least at 75%. It was at that intensity that I saw my RBTA at it's greatest and it had no desire to move. If you're keeping SPS, you're probably gonna want it at 90%+. I wouldn't be so concerned with overdoing it on the Kessil because it's just not as intense as the Radion. 100% on my Kessil is maybe 40% at most on my Radion. HTH

Ecto,

SO appreciate your experienced reply!

I've had my sitter turn it up and will continue to increase daily.
Without a par meter and limited internet information, I was totally lost.

Glad I could help! In fact, I believe that that Kessil once belonged to me! You bought it from Antonio, yes? Hope you're enjoying it regardless! I love my Radion for sure, but man do I miss the shimmer from that Kessil!

Ectogamut;1048053 wrote: Glad I could help! In fact, I believe that that Kessil once belonged to me! You bought it from Antonio, yes? Hope you're enjoying it regardless! I love my Radion for sure, but man do I miss the shimmer from that Kessil!

I got it from Grant but got other equipment from Antonio, both great guys!

Agree, it's got a killer shimmer. I've got it over a 29 cube. The Radions over my DT wirh MH and has been an awesome light, in every aspect!

Thanks again

hey debbie since you have the radion with mh its going to probably be pretty high par but without knowing the number and spectrum for sure and the tank being a different size i would err on the side of caution and keep it at 75%

Picoreefguy;1048064 wrote: hey debbie since you have the radion with mh its going to probably be pretty high par but without knowing the number and spectrum for sure and the tank being a different size i would err on the side of caution and keep it at 75%

Since it's been at 50% for about a week now, I'll take baby steps :)

I recieved a picture today from my house sitter, everything's happy but evidently can be happier, lol

Thanks Brijesh

Back