Klir Drop In Fleece

joeyprice

Reaction score
Anybody have one? I will buy one before the day is out if somebody can alleviate my concerns on fitment. Unfortunately I am not sure which sump I have, i think it's a trigger crystal 36, but it might be an eshopps 36

I use the Klir DI-4 and it works great for me. What questions in particular about fit did you have?
The key is to have a water tight collection area that can accommodate at least 2" of water wherever your filter sock is mounted- this allows the eye/sensor to pick up the raised water level which tells the filter to spool more fleece. Pic below-

IMG_7239.jpeg

IMG_7237.jpeg

A lot of the trigger sumps have an open area around the filter sock mount, like pic below, which would not work for the Klir drop-in filters

IMG_7238.jpeg

A lot of the trigger sumps have an open area around the filter sock mount, like pic below, which would not work for the Klir drop-in filters
This pretty much addresses my concerns. The sock area in my sump looks exactly like that

You can get a roller that you can feed with a separate pump in your sump and avoid worrying about whether it will fit or not. Or you can put it on a timer and trigger it by submerging the optical sensor if you go with a Klir. People do all kinds of modifications to make their rollers work.

I have a Trigger Triton 26 sump & went with the AquaMaxx from Marine Depot. No modification required, it dropped right in-

74043BA0-3BA3-469B-A534-C88C04A2C553.jpeg

Back