Koi

silentdeath5

Supporting
Reaction score
Anyone have small koi’s they are looking to rehome? Not looking for anything too expensive as these would be my first. I built a small pond and wanted to try them out

Koi can get big fast depending on how much you feed them! I have some that started at about 4” and in under a year are now a foot long! You may end up wanting to go with some ornamental goldfish depending on the size of your pond. I’ve had a fantail goldfish in my pond for 3 years and he’s maxed out at ~9” it seems. He’s my favorite fish 😎

Anyone have small koi’s they are looking to rehome? Not looking for anything too expensive as these would be my first. I built a small pond and wanted to try them out
On this topic though, I’ve gotten most of my koi from petsmart. Mainly newnan, but I also got some beautiful ogon (yellow) koi in the cartersville petsmart. They have extremely decent prices ($10-20 depending on size). Most of mine I got at 4-6 inches and only spent around $10; $16 for the ogons because they weren’t just random colors lol

Oh also the goldfish in my pond are even cheaper. Most of mine were under a dollar, but the fancier ones like the fantail were around $7

I have a miniature water lily growing outside in a roughly 10 gallon pot. My indoor freshwater tank was multiplying too well!

I’m starting to see mosquito larvae and wondered if a single goldfish could live in that environment. It’s stagnant water with minimal soil and rock base to keep the planting basket secure. Thanks for your comments.

Try using mosquito dunks. That wouldn't be a good environment for a goldfish, even if it could survive.

I was crossing my fingers for fish poop fertilizer for the plant since my indoor one does so well, but get the outside environment isn’t sufficient unless I had an actual pond with proper filtration and oxygenation. Future project request from my husband, I’m just not there yet! Appreciate the feedback.

Back