Koralias on Wavemakers

chull13

Market
Reaction score
So I have heard that you cannot use koralias on wavemakers but based on the reviews of this product they seem to work. Any comments??

a>

I wouldn't. If they were only being switched every couple of hours they may be okay. But they typically make a 'clacking' noise as the propellor bounces forward and aft on start-up.

i have thought about this but my fish like to hang out in them when they are off so i can see one of them becoming sushi in there...thats why tunzes are great cause they keep spinning ........hope this helps
victor

As far as I know you can run them on a Seio controller, it won't cut them completely off.. Just slow them down.. Hydor says they are working on a controller for them

as long as the controller doesn't shut them off completely (ramps the power up and down), they are fine (seio controller..). They won't do well on a conventional controller.

Victor626nj;119497 wrote: i have thought about this but my fish like to hang out in them when they are off so i can see one of them becoming sushi in there...thats why tunzes are great cause they keep spinning ........hope this helps
victor

My Tunzes stop spinning between cycles. I dont know about the Nanostreams but the 6100's do.

Victor626nj;119497 wrote: i have thought about this but my fish like to hang out in them when they are off so i can see one of them becoming sushi in there...thats why tunzes are great cause they keep spinning ........hope this helps
victor
The new Koralia 4 i got this time. Came with a kit that goes on the front it has a screen that would keep fish... out. The atachment also derects the flow a bit more than without it.

46bfinga;119551 wrote: My Tunzes stop spinning between cycles. I dont know about the Nanostreams but the 6100's do.
Hit the feed button and watch them. They have a quick pulse before they come on to clean any critters out. Pretty cool.

Prop clank as someone mentioned is what keeps them off wave timers mostly. About half the time you will hear a loud clank come from your tank as they switch. It is loud and can go on for a few seconds sometimes.

Back