large brown polyps

fishgardener

Market
Reaction score
I think I discovered what was aggrivating the large brown polyps I brought to the ARC meeting this month. There seems to be a number of tiny snails crawling on them. All the polyps would be looking poorly and closed up. I took the colony out, picked off all the snails with the tweezer and a magnifying glass. Colony was returned to the tank and in a few hours looked much happier. A few days later same thing! Picked off more snails and colony is happy again. The snails are very small and a reddish checkered pattern. They are not sundial snails, they are not flat but rather spherical. Hand picking seems to be working. The recommended freshwater dip didn't seem to help.
Thanks for everyone's suggestions.
Sheryle

Sorry to hear that the FW dip didn't work. Though glad to hear it's doing better with the manual removal method. I wonder if an addition of a 6 line wrasse would help? I know they eat certain snails....I wonder if these would be one of them?

Second the six line. Get a larger more mature one that can eat em up. Bang for your buck in this hobby, that fish can't be beat.

Back