Leaking acrylic tank, need suggestions/help!

OmarAlvrz94

Supporting
Reaction score
So i recently bought a used 4x4x1ft acrylic tank from someone on facebook market. Not sure how thick the acrylic is. Today when i filled it with water to leak test it, it was literally leaking on all 4 corners. I was told it did not leak so i messaged the seller to tell him. He said he had it running 2 weeks ago and it wasn’t leaking he only broke it down cause he was moving. He also said i can use WeldOn 40 since its a small leak. While i don’t want to go thru the trouble and problems of oh you sold me a leaky tank, i’ll just take the loss on it i guess. But I do want to hear opinions on how i can fix it? Will WeldOn 40 actually work? Can i get it completely resealed professionally? Will that be costly? I don’t want to go thru the problems of it leaking 3 years from now when its actually up and running so what would be the better option? I know theres some one on here that works with acrylic and makes acrylic sumps but i forgot his username. I’d like to know ya’lls opinion.
7C173E6D-2152-4363-9F15-0500B4BE06BA.jpeg37735988-D42F-4FCD-89A6-1313EF8A312D.jpegE7262C57-96DE-49DC-9BCC-D1DADCB834F2.jpeg
Those are pictures of the worse leak, when i wipe it with a towel a drop immediately leaks out.

just be glad you see it leaking now instead of down the road when its full of water and in operation that would be a nightmare

I think this should easy fix, tank being acrylic should be easy to patch it. Not gonna be pretty but will hold water

Back