Leather/toadstool not looking well

roundman

Market
Reaction score
I have been using 2 part for about 3-4 weeks and all of by sps have started growing real well. Mushrooms, frogspawn, zoo's all look great but my large toadstool is bent over and not looking well. I have had a flouresent green leather that I think is gone. Are these affected if the alk is to high. Ph is around 8.0, nitrates 30 (this is normal), nitrites 0, ca 470, alk is off of the dipstick chart high (blue color). Any suggestions.

Thank You for any help.

How long have you had the leather, i have a finger leather that looks like it dies about every 3 months and then it comes back beautiful. I did some research and basically when it looks like crap that means it might be shedding to become bigger<--- thats what is happening with mine.

Since I got my 250watt MH, my leathers seem to molt </em>every two weeks, but always come back. Give it a few days and see if they perk up.

my looked liked crap for a week and molted...looks twice as big...give it some time

I have never seen mine molt or shed or whatever. I have had it for around 7 months and it has grown from about a half dollar size to as big as my hand.

sorry to hijack

Back