LED lighting help

holley123

Market
Reaction score
I purchased a 35 gal recently and I was originally going to put a 250watt 20k MH on it, but I have been thinking about going with an LED setup as they are much easier to find here in Japan. The only problem is that I have no knowledge of LEDs. I want to support mostly LPS but some SPS in the 6in water debth range. I was looking for a setup with mostly blue colors so that the greens will stand out more in the tank. Hopefully within the $150 range. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Silver Surfer;963963 wrote: I have an AI sol blue with controller that I will let go for around 200.00.

I'm going to the fish store here tomorrow to see what all they have to offer as I have been told LEDs are crazy cheap here in Japan, but if I can't find anything would you be willing to ship to an APO box in Japan?

Holley you actually have so much more options in japan than we do in the U.S., you should be sending us lights, since most lights and most of the parts come out of Asia anyway.
Look for something that programmable and dimmable so it easy automated to control, if you looking for a full spectrum light just make sure that the bulbs put out the right wave lengths : green 520nm, red 660nm, uv 410nm, blue 460nm, royal blue 450nm, warm white 3500-4500k, cool white 12,000k and neutral white 7500k.
Just a guide line for light out put even if your going with one color, if you get a light that has a high out put (watts) and it dimmable you can always dim it down on the other hand you can't get more light out of something that can't give it to you, also it will be able to work on a bigger tank when it's time for an upgrade.
Food for thought, good luck and happy hunting.
Stay safe!

Back