Led

tomaquar

Market
Reaction score
I have a new LED at 395 NM. I really like the way it makes them look but didn't know is they can use that wavelength.

Any input ?

tomaquar;1057036 wrote: I have a new LED at 395 NM. I really like the way it makes them look but didn't know is they can use that wavelength.

Any input ?

You aren't giving us a lot of information to go on.

395NM is a UV light spectrum. Corals will utilize this spectrum somewhat and lately there has been some research coming out that it helps with SPS growth. The new generation Radions and AI LED units use a couple of UV nodes per puck.

How ever if you are asking if the UV spectrum alone can support coral then the answer would be no. Full spectrum is the best way to go for reef tanks.

axio;1057143 wrote: you aren't giving us a lot of information to go on.

395nm is a uv light spectrum. Corals will utilize this spectrum somewhat and lately there has been some research coming out that it helps with sps growth. The new generation radions and ai led units use a couple of uv nodes per puck.

How ever if you are asking if the uv spectrum alone can support coral then the answer would be no. Full spectrum is the best way to go for reef tanks.

+1

Make sure your lights are mounted in a way so you cannot look directly at those led's. You could damage your eyes.

Back