LED's RETROFITTED WITH T-5's

genesis

Market
Reaction score
While I was happy with my 3 chinese LED fixtures, curiousity had always struck me with t-5's. Seeing videos of the colors and growth was quite appealing, (not to mention the heavy pro t-5 vibe going around ARC lol). So after seeing a thread on here that someone was selling a t5 retrofit kit for $40, it was a no brainer for me. The results are in and I must say that this combo is in my opinion the best out there. LED's and t-5's combined are the best of both worlds. My corals love it and I really like how I am able to replicate the dusk/dawn effect even more using 4 different lighting methods.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1038555=62309-IMG_0509.jpg
>
1038555=62309-IMG_0509.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_0509.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Here is a video I did on it from my YouTube channel if you want a more in depth feel.
watch

I run a led t5 combo as well. It's the best of both worlds, great color from the LEDs amd growth from the t5s

Looks great, Brandon! Still can't get over how that extra foot makes that tank look a mile long.

lsu_fishfan;1038562 wrote: i run a led t5 combo as well. It's the best of both worlds, great color from the leds amd growth from the t5s

+100

J.B.;1038635 wrote: Looks great, Brandon! Still can't get over how that extra foot makes that tank look a mile long.

Yea I love the length of the tank. It makes it seems a lot bigger then it really is. While it is on 16 in from front to back, the aquascape I created gives it more depth

I'm also currently running led t5 combo , you should check out the pink bulbs by redsea or geisman when you replace the 6500k bulbs they look amazing and offer much more color pop and the growth is awesome

Butch;1038722 wrote: Looks good. How did you mount the t5s in your canopy?

The reflectors have holes in them all across so I screwed them in to the top corners of my canopy. I put them at an angle that way I could have light penetrating from all angles. I noticed that some of my SPS that weren't mounted straight up had a little case of shadowing going on with the coloring.

Tbub1221;1038739 wrote: I'm also currently running led t5 combo , you should check out the pink bulbs by redsea or geisman when you replace the 6500k bulbs they look amazing and offer much more color pop and the growth is awesome

Red bulbs? I thought they were just for FW planted tanks. I will look into it and do some research on it. You have any pics of them on your setup?

Genesis;1038787 wrote: Red bulbs? I thought they were just for FW planted tanks. I will look into it and do some research on it. You have any pics of them on your setup?

I think the group buy has the geisman version discounted. It is called aqua flora

Here's a pic of my setup, 2 radion G3 pros and 6 80w t5 bulbs over a 250 dd
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1038807=62327-image.jpg
>
1038807=62327-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Same way for me lol. Going to have to come check it out some time since your not that far away being in Lagrange

Back