Lend A Par Meter

saltyvixen

Market
Reaction score
Im new to leds and i want to make sure i have enough light. Anyone have a par meter they can lend or come by and read the par of the tank? They are 24 cree leds with meanwell drivers.The tank is 36 x 24 x 18

Would you tell more about your lights?
Are those meanwell drivers dimmable?
What's the color array?
Are you using optics to output the power of the LEDs?

Thank you.

I heard that par meters can be inaccurate with leds...? Thought i might share this. Mabye someone can tell me if this is true or not....

This will help some

a>

joseayes;949975 wrote: This will help some

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2013/2/equipment">http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2013/2/equipment</a>[/QUOTE]

either im too tired or too dumb for that to make sense:sad:

franciscosalazar;950038 wrote: I currently have one from Giuliano, you can use it if he's ok with you receiving it from me.

That's fine.

Jodi, you can mail it back to me when you're done with it.

Imo it will be useless to use on LEDs..... some of my prettiest acros the par says 70 over...?
it's easier to go off the color of the new growth.

heathlindner25;950084 wrote: Imo it will be useless to use on LEDs..... some of my prettiest acros the par says 70 over...?
it's easier to go off the color of the new growth.

+1. LEDs give you wacky readings.

SaltyVixen;949963 wrote: Eh... 13 blue to 8 10000k to 3 6500k

NO optics
i dont think its dimmable

What fixture are you using? You should be able to figure out if it's good enough just from the specs from the manufacturer

going off rapidled's info i need 28-30 leds and i have 24.
and i need a 60 degree lense angle for the depth of my tank. And idk if thats what i have

Yeah, idk sorry. I was hoping it was a mass produced unit to look up the specs.

If its possible and i order a few more leds+optics can someone help me wire them in? Alsothe drivers i have only support up to 14 leds so i can add 2 leds per driver.

SaltyVixen;949963 wrote:
NO optics

SaltyVixen;950115 wrote: and i need a 60 degree lense angle for the depth of my tank. And idk if thats what i have

If you don't have optics, it's considered a 120 degree spread. I would disagree with rapid's recommendation unless you're hanging the light a few feet above the tank.

Ringo®;950137 wrote: If you don't have optics, it's considered a 120 degree spread. I would disagree with rapid's recommendation unless you're hanging the light a few feet above the tank.

They are about 9" above water

Back