Let there be light!!!

flyingarmy

Market
Reaction score
Received my LumenBright reflector in the mail this week (early B-day present from the wife). Installed it tonight along with rearranging the VHOs after making some custom brackets. The light definitely packs more punch and I can tell it pushes the PAR all the way to the bottom of the 36" Cube. It's a more focused light so I'll have to get used to the center being brighter but I will deal with that small issue over the increased PAR. Here is a picture of the setup. I'll take some more pictures tomorrow when the lights come on. I have also reduced the light cycle so I can aclimate the corals to the new PAR punch!
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
139042=8604-IMG_8807.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
139042=8604-IMG_8807.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_8807.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

looks sweet! Nice, clean install; mine is pretty ghetto!

I'll have those posted tomorrow. I still need to hook up that 2nd chamber for my MRC1 Cal Reactor I bought from you Mike. Might wait till I get some Dolomite in first to help keep the MAG up.

Sweet Mark! Congrats on the new light. Hey at least you only need one. LOL!!! I look forward to seeing it soon.

Mark, That hood really looks great, looks like it is going to be really bright. Nice installation!!:up:

Dennis

Thanks...another issue that I am finding is accessibility. I didn't have much space before to get into the tank, now I have less. I have got to figure out a slide mechanism or lift that will fix this problem.

New LumenBright 400W MH, 10K and 2X75W Actnic, 460nm!
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
139209=8617-IMG_8808.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
139209=8617-IMG_8808.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_8808.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Mark, looks great.

Much better than your last DIY light job...wish I had taken pics of that one in Chatanooga :)

LorenK;139226 wrote: Mark, looks great.

Much better than your last DIY light job...wish I had taken pics of that one in Chatanooga :)

I am glad you didn't Loren...I don't think I could have lived that one down!

looks good mark. that is a huge improvement in light reaching the bottom

Back