lets see your rodi set ups.

markl

Market
Reaction score
looking for ideas on setting up an rodi. i really hate going to store to get water . im planning a new set up and thought i start with a mixing station.

subscribing.....I am curious as well since I have a 20g and am debating to buy a small RODI setup or just go 5 min up the street to get my water....

Mine is a little big :)

but it works great.

Fish134.jpg
alt="" />

Here's mine...
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
215751=12865-tank1.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
215751=12865-tank1.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="tank1.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Here is my nano setup. I the same pics in my build thread but figured I would throw them up here too.
othercard074.jpg
alt="" />
othercard067.jpg
alt="" />

Here's mine. The ro/di unit is above the holding tanks.

Reef%20Tank-120G_DSC04095w_RO-DI_080713.jpg
alt="" />

RO/DI comes into the left holding tank and saltwater is on the right. Depending on which valves I open or close I can cirulate water in either tank, move water from one to the other or move either RO/DI or saltwater to the sump on the other side of the wall.

Reef%20Tank-120G_DSC04128w_RO-DI_System_080731.jpg
alt="" />

Budsreef;215758 wrote: Here's mine. The ro/di unit is above the holding tanks.

Reef%20Tank-120G_DSC04095w_RO-DI_080713.jpg
alt="" />

RO/DI comes into the left holding tank and saltwater is on the right. Depending on which valves I open or close I can cirulate water in either tank, move water from one to the other or move either RO/DI or saltwater to the sump on the other side of the wall.

Reef%20Tank-120G_DSC04128w_RO-DI_System_080731.jpg
alt="" />

Very nice setup there Bud!!!

Thanks, yours looks good too. Do you have another one of those containers for saltwater? How many gallons does it hold?

flyingarmy;215763 wrote: Very nice setup there Bud!!!

Budsreef;215770 wrote: Thanks, yours looks good too. Do you have another one of those containers for saltwater? How many gallons does it hold?

I use a 32GAL Brute to mix SW. The container is 300GAL but I keep it at around 275GAL. Never can have enough RO/DI!

Wow!

flyingarmy;215772 wrote: I use a 32GAL Brute to mix SW. The container is 300GAL but I keep it at around 275GAL. Never can have enough RO/DI!

Bud - I see you used bulkheads in the trash cans. Any problems with that? Did you have to load them up with sealant since the cans are round?

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Oh...cool set up...BTW

A good bulkhead for rounded surfaces are ones called "uniseals". They are awesome and will seal even on irregular surfaces.

Thanks, I did not have any problems with the bulkheads and have no leaks. The only problem is that I wish I would have put them in lower since that limits getting all the water out without dropping a pump into the can. Maybe the uniseals Mark mentions would be better for that.

Bud

Dave;215794 wrote: Bud - I see you used bulkheads in the trash cans. Any problems with that? Did you have to load them up with sealant since the cans are round?

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Oh...cool set up...BTW

Thank you both for the tips. Is it 'hijacking" if I ask a question about water? Here goes...

The pH of my RO/DI water is low...like 6 something. I had been adding a Kent buffer to it but just read somewhere that since DI water has no ions in it...you can't get a good pH reading. What do you guys think?

Mine's not the greatest, but it works. I have a booster pump on the wall to the left, you can't see it because it's behind the Washer/Dryer. My RO/DI input comes from a Y splitter on the washer dryer hookup, goes through a booster pump, then to a PSI gauge, then to the unit, into a trashcan and the waste line goes down the drain for the washer. I have a 15 gallon bucket next to the trashcan for mixing up salt. Until I get a pump to transfer the water, I'm using a 2 qt pitcher like I always have, it never fails and won't electrocute me heh. Mine's not the greatest, but it works nonetheless.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
215855=12906-DSC01218.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
215855=12906-DSC01218.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC01218.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

No pics, but I can describe mine.

Unit mounted under the sink, 120V solenoid on the input line controlled by Reefkeeper Lite. Line runs behind the dishwasher and fridge to a RO/DI holding container with an electronic float valve. Aqualifter draws from that container pushing through a kalk reactor and into the sump, with dual electronic float valves. Top offs occur every 4 hours and the water level in the sump fluxuates by maybe 1/2". Every 3 days the solenoid in front of the RO/DI opens to refill the top off container.

I haven't done a manual top off or manually filled my top off container since May.

Back