Leveling a Tank

jgoal55

Market
Reaction score
i just placed my new tank where i think it's gonna go and checked it with a level. The bubble is in between the two lines, but not perfectly. The edge of the bubble is touching one of the lines.

Does anyone think that this is a big deal? what stinks is that its tilted forward not backwards. If it is a big deal, what can I use to level the tank. It's my floor (carpet) that's not level btw.

Thanks.

I'd definitely try and level it. Shims will work but will settle some due to the compression of the fibers in the carpet. You can also use a piece of foam board under the tank, on top of the stand that will help with leveling as it settles. Good talking to you the other day, even though it was unintentional!

haha. thanks mark... yeah man good talking to you as well. That was pretty funny and sorry again. I know it was pretty late when I called.

What type of foam board are you referring too? And if I shim, what size shim do you think i should use? Its a pretty minimal amount. Also, do shims have to cover the whole base of the stand leg?

curious: if its level before the water, wont it be level after the water?

Are you on concrete slab, or is there a sub-floor or basement? You could brace up and level the floor itself if it is not on a slab.

Back