Leveling my tank.

smallblock

Market
Reaction score
Ok so I got my 72 setup and its probably cycled out by now. We moved some stuff around at the house and I have decided to move the tank to a different spot. The question I have is, is there a mat or something to put under a stand to help level it out? I've seen the construction insulation sheets used but is there something better? I got it level enough in the spot where it sits now with some cardboard shimms but I dont wanna go through that hassle again.

I used contruction foam board under the tank. Try to get the stand as level as possible first, shims etc and then put a sheet of the blue(Lowes), pink (Home Depot) foam board between the stand and tank. The weight of the tank will help level it out. Good luck!

i think u only use the foam board if it is a trimless tank...
mike

all glass 72 bowfront I dont want to put anything between the tank and stand, Think it would cause a bind

Either Lowes or HD has plastic shims for shimming doors that work great. Foam board does not level the tank , it will form somewhat to the tank or floor and fills the gap. But to truely level the tank the stand needs to be shimmed properly at the floor.

Back