Life Support Opening at Georgia Aquarium

dragoon

Market
Reaction score
I figured I'd throw a line out and see if anyone was interested in working at the Georgia Aquarium. The position should post on the Aquarium Website soon, but if you would like to send a resume early feel free to send me a PM.

It is a full time position w/ benefits. 4 on 3 off working 10hr shifts. Hours would be 21:00-07:00.

Below is a description of the position being hired:

The Life Support Automation Technician I position shall be specifically responsible for the preventative and corrective maintenance on all Life Support Systems (LSS) controls equipment, maintain stock of required spare parts, record keeping, assist in the daily monitoring and operation, and maintenance of non-automated Life Support Systems equipment, assist with building LSS maintenance as needed.

This position will frequently interface with other Zoological Operations staff including water quality lab technicians, veterinarians and animal biologists regarding water chemistry parameters, LSS process equipment adjustments and needed repairs. This position will closely work with more senior LSS staff to perform the functions listed above and to provide daily updates on processes, equipment status and needed repairs to the Life Support Manager and Assistant Manager.

II. Responsibilities:

1. Monitor LSS equipment and processes for normal operation, make changes as needed. Use the LSS computerized controls system to monitor, record and modify system operation.

2. Perform calibrations, troubleshoot, repair and replace faulty analog and digital sensors as well as perform required preventative and corrective maintenance to Serial/Fiber/Ethernet controls network.

3. Troubleshoot, repair, and replace system controllers, computers, actuators, and controls instrumentation including faulty Input/Output (I/O) hardware as needed.

4. Perform programming and hardware maintenance of computerized equipment including main controls system logic, variable frequency drive’s, PLC’s & other control devices. Perform maintenance and update graphical user interface equipment as needed.

5. Recommend and maintain the stock of required spare parts, tools, and test instruments.

6. Maintain LSS system logs and records as needed. Generate controls system reports and trend logs. Make recommendations for corrections to processes as needed.

7. Interface effectively with other departments to maintain the highest quality standards.

8. Follow and maintain all safety policies and procedures.

9. Maintain the highest standard of work area cleanliness at all times.

10. To perform other duties as workload necessitates.

III. Qualifications:

1. Experience repairing or installing automated control equipment and or working with control systems preferred.

2. Must have above average computer skills. Experience operating multi-computer networks with dynamic graphic based user interfaces or human machine interfaces (HMI’s) including touch screens is desired.

3. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and windows based operating systems is a must.

4. Must be proficient at understanding plant drawings (e.g. P&ID, electrical schematics)

5. Must have basic electrical knowledge with circuits <120volts. Experience with electric valve actuators, Variable Frequency Drives, & Programmable Logic Controllers is required.

6. Must be proficient in use of proper test equipment, hand & power tools, and shop equipment.

7. Four year college degree or two year trade school degree is preferred.

8. Experience working with aquatic animals in closed aquarium systems including fish and marine mammals is a plus.

9. Knowledge of freshwater & seawater chemistry is a plus.

10. Ability to work all shifts and weekends as needed. Ability to be on call as needed for equipment emergencies.

I would also offer my volunteer services I believe I am fairly well qualified for a job like this but do not wish to leave my current employer but would love to volunteer any time that I could.

That's an amazing place .I worked out there for just over a year.I put a lot of the lss and the hvac piping in.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Hourly-Pay/Georgia-Aquarium-Life-Support-Systems-Technician-Hourly-Pay-E267294_D_KO17,48.htm">http://www.glassdoor.com/Hourly-Pay/Georgia-Aquarium-Life-Support-Systems-Technician-Hourly-Pay-E267294_D_KO17,48.htm</a>

This was all I could find online

Thats why i didn't take a maintenance job from there.it was going to be a steep pay cut.

WHOA! That's all they pay after charging an arm and a leg for admission?? Hope they sleep well at night, cause I couldn't on that salary.

Which should warrant a higher salary for the job. If I interviewed for that position and that's the number they presented in an offer letter, I would consider it a slap in the face. But, to each their own, you should apply.

Back