Light acclimation question.

johnr2604

Market
Reaction score
OK so I just got my new light in today for my 30 cube :thumbs: . I am upgrading from a 150 sunpod to a 250 PFO hqi pendant. The couple of other times I have upgraded lights they have been on fixtures either in a hood or that sat on the tank. Previuosly have dropped the time the light was on in half then ramped it back up over a 2 to 3 week period. Being as though I am going to have a pendant now that hangs and I can adjust the height I am thinking about raising it up then progressivly dropping it down over a couple of weeks. Which do you guys think would be the better way?

I'd lower the light to acclimate rather than adjusting the photo-period. It will be more natural</em> for the tank to have a full light schedule.

Thanks I was thinking that would be better but didn't know because I have had success in the past with reducing the photo period but at that time It was really the only option. I am to cheep to invest in screen LOL.

My light sits probably about 5 inches off now so will a foot be enough. Also I am going from a 14k powerpac which is what I think the sunpod comes with to a 20k XM. I have heard the 20k xm is about equivalent to a 14k in most other brands. The bulb is around 6 months old so I am sure the par has dropped some. I plan on using it for a couple of months then maybe using a reeflux or something.

Back