Light bulbs were is best place to buy.........

downtime89

Market
Reaction score
Hey guys/girls were is the best place to buy t5 ho bulbs for this fixture
product_info.php

Alright i will take a look there if anyone else want to chime in keep em coming i still need a list of wat i should get as i have no clue....

downtime89;423741 wrote: So would 8 of these work? http://www.shop.keenreef.com/product.sc?productId=282&categoryId=17">http://www.shop.keenreef.com/product.sc?productId=282&categoryId=17</a> Is this a good bulb?[/QUOTE]

It would, but I wouldn't suggest it.

I would do a mix of Actinic and White (12K - 14K). UVL is a good bulb, but Giesemann is a superior bulb. A combination of Actinic+ and Aquablue lamps might be a good choice.

Are you looking for more white or more blue?

Thanks,
Tim

I think we posted at same time tim is the color a preferance thing? if so i like my tank bright white with a little blue tint i think i posted some giesman bulbs there...

downtime89;423751 wrote: I think we posted at same time tim is the color a preferance thing? if so i like my tank bright white with a little blue tint i think i posted some giesman bulbs there...

It is a preference. The bluer the spectrum the nicer the corals look, the slower they grow. Too white/yellow, the corals will look more brown but grow faster.

The link you posted was to blue+, there is no such Giesemann lamp called that, I think they were referring to the Actinic+.

Thanks,
Tim

So is it possible to get a mid point between blue and white? The combination of attinic+ and aquablue that you posted wat color spectrum would that give me? Thanks for your help tim your really clearing up alot of my thoughts on this light thing. I know now why i failed art class in high school lol. I will try to get my lights from your site for the help your giving me.

The help is free. :)

I would suggest a 50/50 mix of Actinic+ & Aquablue. Then you can adjust the ratio when it is time to replace them again. The first the I would do is replace the 10K instead of the Actinic, as these will make the most impact on the viewing color.

Thanks,
Tim

well i am going to have to use its stock bulbs for atleast 8 months all i can afford is a bulb a month and once i get all of em replace em all at once. that way they all need changing at same time later on... Unless you think changing one at a time is a better idea..

Tim,
I need some new T5 bulbs as well.
Do you carry everything in stock for pick up or should i order offline?

Thanks, G

gmpolan;423797 wrote: Tim,
I need some new T5 bulbs as well.
Do you carry everything in stock for pick up or should i order offline?

Thanks, G

I have over 100 T5 bulbs in stock. You can come by the store anytime and pick them up. Or I can ship them to you as well.

Thanks,
Tim

I haven't set up an ARC Discount for the website. If you order it online, in the comments section put your ARC screen name and when I process the order I can apply the discount.

However, I do not discount my dry goods as they are already value "internet" priced and can't really discount them deeper. I only discount livestock.

Thanks,
Tim

Back