Light Hanger FYI

acroholic

Lifetime
Reaction score
Guys,
I was at Atlantis Hydroponics today and they have a light hanging system that looks like it would work great for our reef pendants and fixtures. Works like a blind mechanism, and is independently adjustable at each end. Guy at the store told me it holds up to 45 lbs each. $29 each. They had a bunch of them holding a lot of beefy looking display fixtures.

This is a Sunlight Supply Product, so I'm sure our Sponsors could get these as well.

URL:

merchant.mvc

Great find.

One of those simple things that make you wonder why you didn't think of it first!

Oh and just what were you doing at the hydroponics store?

I know I know self sustainment for the apocolypse

Seedless Reefer;290154 wrote: Oh and just what were you doing at the hydroponics store?

I know I know self sustainment for the apocolypse

Hehehe! Not what you think. Atlantis has a bunch of Sunlight Supply fixtures for hydroponics, except they are named differently. Their Reef Optix 4 reflector is called SunGro, Reef Optix 2 is called something else, etc.

I used to buy bulk dry chemicals there when I dosed them in my 265 gallon planted tank.

I wanted to see their reflectors to see if I wanted to try one over my new 30" x 30" x 24" chalice tank, which is currently lit by a Lumen Brite Mini, which is OK but gives a very focused high PAR hot spot. Some of the Sunlight Supply reflectors scatter the light better and give a more consistent par over their entire coverage area, lessening the hot spot in the middle and increasing the PAR at the edges. I think this type of reflector might be better for a low-moderate light chalice tank, especially one with 50 species of chalice at the bottom.
Dave

Acroholic;290160 wrote: Hehehe! Not what you think. Atlantis has a bunch of Sunlight Supply fixtures for hydroponics, except they are named differently. Their Reef Optix 4 reflector is called SunGro, Reef Optix 2 is called something else, etc.

I used to buy bulk dry chemicals there when I dosed them in my 265 gallon planted tank.

I wanted to see their reflectors to see if I wanted to try one over my new 30" x 30" x 24" chalice tank, which is currently lit by a Lumen Brite Mini, which is OK but gives a very focused high PAR hot spot. Some of the Sunlight Supply reflectors scatter the light better and give a more consistent par over their entire coverage area, lessening the hot spot in the middle and increasing the PAR at the edges. I think this type of reflector might be better for a low-moderate light chalice tank, especially one with 50 species of chalice at the bottom.
Dave

Is that what they're calling it now? :D

But what does a 26" system do?
If it would come in variable lengths...

Robb

LilRobb;290367 wrote: But what does a 26" system do?
If it would come in variable lengths...

Robb

Doesn't matter. It can be used on different spans. You could hang a single pendant with a 6" span between the hangers. Just center the midpoint of the hanger where you want your light to be over your tank.

Or if you had two pendants, what I would do is mount the pendants on a single board, and use the Light Hanger suspend the board with the two pendants over the tank.

What if I have a 48" fixture I wanna suspend?

Extending 26 to 48, would be a well, (no pun intended) STRETCH

LilRobb;290380 wrote: What if I have a 48" fixture I wanna suspend?

Extending 26 to 48, would be a well, (no pun intended) STRETCH

If I was doing a 48" fixture I'd probably use two hangers. Remember, I don't own or have any of these in use. If you don't think they'd work in your particular app, then you'd need to look elsewhere. But the company is in town, so you could always look at their store.

I think a single hanger would work best for 36" and under lights.

Don't get me wrong, appreciate the info - just sharing my thought that if they'd come in variable or even various lengths - they could be used for so much more.

Robb

Here is another hanging system from Reef Exotics about halfway down the page. This is a MO item.

a>

Back