Lighting Dillema - need feedback

gnashty

Market
Reaction score
I know there have been several posts asking about lights and trust me, I have read them all. This is my situation. I am looking to upgrade my lighting on my 210 (84 x 24 x 24). Currently I have 2 - 42" T8 fixtures with 4 x 25w in each )100 total watts). This is currently running a FOWLR with this so its no big deal. I am looking at the Aquaticlife 72" T5 6 lamp unit with 12 x 39w plus 6 1w LED's (around 474 total watts), its their newest fixture. This fixture will be a large expense for me (as yours were to you) and I want to be sure I am making the right decision before I pull the trigger.

The goal is to convert to a reef system so my questions are 2 fold:

1. Will this wattage allow me to go reef? I am ok being somewhat limited but would like to at least have a BTA, some polyps, and some LPS. I would really like to have a clam but know thats out of the question. (MY LFS Store, also a sponsor, has this same light in a 36" 4 lamp model and say they have no problems keeping a wide variety of corals and possibly even a clam if homed high in the tank.

2. Does anyone have any feedback about T5 Aquaticlife fixtures? All reviews online I found were great so I am turning it over the my fellow reefers for guidance. I hear their customer service is great and this fixture is functional for me as well, timer, internal ballast/fans, one cord. FYI - im not interested in using MH

any feedback would be great! :thanks:

ares;444690 wrote: no personalexperience with aquatic life fixtures, but 6 runs across the tank of T5 should support anything you want anywhere in the tank.

Thanks ares, I guess nobody else has an opinion on it :)

Thanks guys, just ordered the new light. should be here in a couple weeks..

Back