Lighting for corner tank

frank

Market
Reaction score
Hi all,

I realized tonight that my outer orbit (1x150w MH, 2x65w PC) aint gonna cut it for my 92 corner tank.

Anyone got a suggestion for lighting? The tank houses mostly softies, with a couple of new SPS that I've recently picked up.

Thnx!
Frank

PM minirreefer03...He has a 92 corner and it is lit to the hilt! I happen to know he has some time on his hands now to talk.... Sorry Rick... Get well soon!!!

I have a retro (2) 250w MH I am selling...

showthread.php

I'd say drop the 150 MH for a 250MH and you'll be in business. Keep the PC lights.

I've got a corner pentagon tank and use a combonationg of 24", 36", and 48" HO T5 retrofits. It lights the tank very evenly, and for softies, that should be all you need.

I have a 92G Corner and light it with two custom Aqua-Medic fixtures.

I am running 2x250Watt 10Ks with 2xT5 Actinics and a Single 1x400Watt 10K.

It works for me.

Simon... would love to see pics of your setup...

I was thinking along the lines of a single 250w MH @ 10k and then a couple to 4 T5 actinics... sorta in a pattern like this... // @

http://www.thereeftank.com/totm/sep06.php">http://www.thereeftank.com/totm/sep06.php</a>

Its changed a little especially since I've changed the light spectrum.

Hey Frank,I have a 24" Aquamedic 250DE w/ 2-t5's fixture I'm thinking about selling.Shoot me a pm if youd be interested in it. Running a phoenix 14k bulb right now in it.

I've got a 92 corner as well. The tank was designed for a regular 3-foot fixture that mounts from corner to corner. I built a custom one, however, that uses two 3-foot T5's and two 2-foot T5's powered by an IceCap 660 ballast, and fits nicely on the top of the tank. The design is something like this (viewed from above):

<pre class="code">
----------------------------
| ------- T5 LIGHT ------- |
| ------- T5 LIGHT ------- |
---- T5 LIGHT ---- /
---- T5 LIGHT ---- /
--------------------</pre>
You could probably take the above and fit an MH in the middle somewhere if you really wanted to.

I considered a design that fanned out (with 4 or 5 bulbs), something like this, but that ends up taking more space and the back corner gets real crowded with with the endcaps (and in fact there isn't enough room for 5 endcaps):
<pre class="code">
|
| /
| / /
|/ /</pre>

If you have any questions, let me know.

David

Back