Lighting Question??

mikesommers

Market
Reaction score
I have 36 1/4 inches to work with in my canopy. Does anyone know the real lenght of a 36" t5 bulb? I found nothing on the web. I am hoping 33".
I would like to add some t5 lights to this tank but need this info before I can order.

Thanks for any help

33". right about 34 if you include the prongs. you should have more than enough room to run a 36" retro.

I don't know off hand, but you could call reefgeek or any other vendor and they will know

ares;328104 wrote: hmmm, I know 48" bulbs are 48"...

they make 46.5" bulbs that are 46.5". Id be kinda suprised to hear that 36" bulbs are 33"

but Ive never had one of my own as I use 48"

be sure to account for the endcaps and such too.

Should I look a little further???

ares;328319 wrote: Id hit up a vendor here that has a 36" bulb laying around and get them to measure it... but yeah, I have 48" bulbs on a 96" tank, and they dont fit end to end with end caps, not actually too close to be honest.

but they are VHOs... maybe thats different from T5.

i measured the 39w t5ho bulbs from my 36" nova extreme.

ryanh487;327774 wrote: 33". right about 34 if you include the prongs. you should have more than enough room to run a 36" retro.

Same poster above... just explaining where the number came from since there was some doubt expressed.

Ordered the kit:up: Not a bad price - bulbs, ballast w/ moister resistant end caps and reflectors for 130.00. Foster & Smith has 25% off T5 bulbs until the 20th. I got the slimpaq 420nm and a 460nm actinic bulbs. Just for supplement lighting.

Thank You all for the help!!!!!!!!!!

Back