Lighting question

thedeper

Market
Reaction score
Ok, I have the Solana with the disco ball type deal for a light. Right now I am running the Current-USA 14k bulb.

My question is; If I change my bulb to a Phoenix 14k or something maybe in the 20k range will my corals have the same look as something that is under t5 acintics? I really like the way stuff glows under them and I am wondering if I can just upgrade the bulb and get the look or if I need a new fixture that houses both MH and t5. Thanks guys and gals.

Awesome, I was not wanting to spend 300 bucks on a fixture. I just didn't know if I could get glow out of a MH light. Are there any downsides other than slow growth to a Phoenix or Geissman?

Thanks for all of that info, im pumped now...I can see some crazy colors on some stuff.

I am willing to bet you will get just as good of growth out of the pheonix as you get out of the current bulb.

Yeah, thats exactly what I was thinking...I am leaning towards the Phoenix just because I don't want my tank to look like acintics are the only thing I am running.

Honestly I have phoenix's over several tanks and I'm always impressed.

Back