Lighting questions for arcos

Tjb61885

Market
Reaction score
Im
Running 3 AI 52s on a redsea 525xl I’ve been debating picking up a t5 set to add to them. Has anyone had success with just running the leds from a growth perspective?

That is a great question and quite the topic to bring up. There are some real lighting wizards on this forum and I'm sure a few of them will chime in. It's also a subject that I'm curious about because I only recently switched over to LEDs myself. The direct answer to you question is Yes. I have good growth on the acros in my tank. I'm still working on increasing the intensity and tweaking colors to get better colors out of those acros but they are definitely growing. I also have a good friend that I usually call my coral-partner and he's got terrific growth AND great colors in his LED-only system. However, I've been to quite a few ARC member's homes and whenever I see a tank full of acros and think "That's what I want", they're always running T5s with LEDs. Some folks only use LEDs for a certain spectrum. I've got a lot to learn about lighting but it seems to me that the best coral growers I know run a combo of the two.

Back