Lighting suggestions

PJs_Bucket_List

Market
Reaction score
Hey y'all! I need some help with the lights for my tank. I currently have a Lucare 50w full spectrum LED to get me started. It has settings for blue and white only, but not very high par output, so I'm going to have to upgrade my lights for the soft coral/LPS dominant reef I want. It might be ok for some low light corals, but only if I place them higher in the tank. I need something that will reach all the way to the sand bed of my 24" tall tank. I know that lights are one of the biggest expenses, so I have to save up for a bit, and I really can't drop a small fortune on it, either way. So what are my options? What would you suggest? Appreciate the input!

Noopsyche K7 Pros (currently v3). Pretty nice budget light that will put out all the par you need at 1/3 the cost of a "name" brand. I have 3 Pro2s on a 5 foot 120 gallon. I added Orphek bars later on only because I had so much growth I was getting shading problems.

I appreciate the responses so far. Both are lights I have looked at and considered. I just wanted to get advice and suggestions from people with experience and knowledge, to be sure I'm getting what I need. Because let's face it, nobody wants to spend money on something, only to find out after the fact that it's not going to work out lol.

Back