Lighting Suggestions

legalreefer

Market
Reaction score
So I've been in the hobby for long enough now but I do not stay on top of the latest and greatest tech out there. I'm still using Coralife timers for my lighting system. So here is my issue. 2 of my 3 Chinese leds have gone out. Currently my corals and fish are in a 100g Rubbermaid while my main standard 180 is out of commission while finishing the basement. So whatever I end up doing needs to be decided for the 180. I need to replace them as my corals are going to start to suffer but I have NO IDEA what to do about replacing them with something better. LEDS that cost almost as much as a mortgage payment are not an option. I can keep replacing the crummy 165w black box ones I have now year after year and would never spend what 1 of the high end ones cost. I've poked around on the selling thread and of course there ain't anything available at the moment other than the black box leds.

So what are your thoughts? I'm ok with potentially LED/T5 lights. No MH due to the electric usage.

I am running 3 of these on my 180. 5yr warranty and 10yr bulb life. Super low energy use. High upfront cost but will not have to worry about lights for a long time. They are from U.K. so not much marketing on main stream but I love. I have them for over 3 yrs.

AquaBeam 2000: 30 Watt Reef White NP (Nature Prefect) Ultima- $269.99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used ATI sunpower or power module

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back