Lighting

Jsantana822

Reaction score
I’m putting together a Red Sea reefer 250 and I’m finally getting around to lighting for the tank. I’ve been recommended the radion xr15, ai hydra, but my question is would my ai prime work for this tank? I know I will need another one but I’m just curious if anyone has had success with the light in a larger tank.

Two primes should be just fine. Might not be enough for moderately demanding SPS, but should be enough light for softies, lps, and most easy sps. You could probably add a third, or just get hydras if you really wanted to grow some more demanding coral.

Two primes should be just fine. Might not be enough for moderately demanding SPS, but should be enough light for softies, lps, and most easy sps. You could probably add a third, or just get hydras if you really wanted to grow some more demanding coral.
All I want is lps and softies

Two primes should be fine then. Maybe someone else can verify, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't grow SPS and softies with 2 primes.

That tank is what, 21" high? You should get good enough PAR mounting them 6-8" above the water.

Ok great! I bought my prime a few months before the new one came out . Now they have the 16hd version that shouldn’t be an issue having two different kinds right?

That I'm not totally sure of. I know the hd version can be ramped up higher than 100%, but I don't know for certain if there are any major differences. My guess would be no issue

Back