Lights and coral

michaelf1478

Market
Reaction score
i was wondering if i have enough light to start putting coral in the tank and what types i can have. i have a 210gal 2 175watt metal haileds (2 14000k bulbs) 2 50/50 96watt cf. My haileds are about 2feet of the water and the cf are about 4 inchs off the water.

it depends on what you wanna keep in there; for softies, yes, that's fine; for most SPS I'd say get something bigger--FYI i've got over my 135 2X250 MH and 1 400 MH also 4X96 PC actinics. My bulbs are also the 14K's. I think I may be a little over lighted, but SPS's seem to love it! you could also be able to keep clams, just towards the top of the tank

the canopy is high and that where they had the haileds at when i got them.
im gonna order a reflector off of aquabuys.com in the next week or so for them.

my halieds ar in the center beside each other i was wanting to put one on the left and one on the right whould this be a good idea. if so i'll just do that when i lower them.

ok by the end of the night the lights will be lowered what is the fist piece of coral i should put in?

clowns,mandiran, sf eel 2 dwarf angels (probably getting rid of them) hippo tang unicorn tang. I want to start with softies.

im gonna get 4x96 watt pc 6 65watt pc for a good deal from a fellow reefer to add on to what i already have which will give me over 1300 watts total will that help much?

i believe that i will only stick to softies for awhile and see how that goes like you said. I guess im gonna have to get with you on what supplements to use for the corals. Thank for all your help with everything. everytime i ask a question on here your on it helping me out. When i get my coral tank up and running i'll put some free frags to theside for you.:up:

Back