Limpet Invasion

Aside from them being bulldozers I love them! Great algae eaters, breed and multiply like crazy!

Give them away, you'll eventually dwindle their numbers.

I have a lot of limpets and chitons that came on my live rock. I personally love em but they can both apparently multiply very quickly in a healthy tank. Dont worry the numbers seem to reach a plateau eventually. Like others said they are great cuc and easily given away if you have too many. After a couple years the biggest limpets I have are about the size of a dime and some chitons are bigger than my thumb print.

They are good...too good... AT MULTIPLYING AND BLOCKING MY VIEW! =)
But seriously, they keep my glass looking great.

Collect them up, and post a thread titled, "Got Hydroids?"

I guarantee that people whose tanks are infested with Hydroids will take them off your hands (and your glass) so fast, your head will spin.

You have an enviable problem. I've had times when I'd love to have helped people with Hydroids, but couldn't find a Limpet for love or money.

Spread the joy :)

Jenn

JennM;999623 wrote: Collect them up, and post a thread titled, "Got Hydroids?"

I guarantee that people whose tanks are infested with Hydroids will take them off your hands (and your glass) so fast, your head will spin.

You have an enviable problem. I've had times when I'd love to have helped people with Hydroids, but couldn't find a Limpet for love or money.

Spread the joy :)

Jenn

Interesting I didn't know they ate hydroids!

NorthGaHillbilly;999667 wrote: Eating hydroids! If that's the case, I'll pay you a nickel a piece, and a 6 pack for your trouble :D

If you need some I can part with some. Mine are plentiful in both my main and frag tank. I believe my DT has started to stabilize as for the first time since adding them 10 months ago I'm seeing empty shells. I had already planned on removing the babies the next time they spawn for give always.

Just let me know.

The ones you have likely won't get much bigger than 1 cm. I've seen them much smaller than that.

Seahorse keepers, in particular, and/or those who use a lot of live brine shrimp, tend to have major problems with hydroids. I used to get them in my seahorse tank and limpets cleaned 'em right up.

Love your limpets.

Jenn

I have tons of tiny ones... But a few an inch or so, and a few with "skirts." Bright yellow skirts...

Hey Francisco, the one's that your dealing with are not know to be soft coral eaters? Did you notice any disturbance or missing anything on your frags? (Seriously, not the frags you had any sort ((if any) of issue before) or anything that it could be related to.
I know there's lot of other reasons that it can be the culprit on blame for any damage on soft coral.

Just brought to my attention what I have known from them in the past, you actually might not experimenting any issue on coral tissue at all

Back