Live Aquaria Shipping Delay - Sitting in a Truck - Venting

elfloyd

Supporting
Reaction score
Maybe today is the day I'll receive my shipment of inverts from Live Aquaria. Should have been here by 10:30 am on Tuesday. This is a replacement for DOAs received before Christmas when UPS dumped off packages in the neighborhood and contract labor spent the day delivering packages with a golf cart. Live Aquaria will treat me right (and it's not their fault). But you would think an overnight package would still be delivered by 10:30am even if it was delayed a day (or two, or three)

I'm in the same boat. When I talked with the Live Aquaria support guy a few days ago, I told him I was concerned about the weather and the fish shipping, he told me that Georgia wasn't yet on their no ship list so it would be fine....  Here is to hoping they will be alive and just a little chilly. But my expectations are not high at this point.  I even tried to call UPS to go and pick it up myself yesterday, as the package was only 15 minutes from my house, unfortunately all the UPS buildings there were closed. So my guess is they have all been sitting in a tractor trailer overnight in their yard.

I feel your pain. A few months ago I had a shipment delayed 4 days!!! Was due Friday and didn't show up till late in the day Monday. I figured everything was a complete loss but to my surprise 85% was still alive. The only losses were some turbo snails, the fish (a couple damsels and a yellow tang) were fine. I really hate UPS...more than 1/2 of what I have sent through UPS shows up late. Fingers crossed on your shipment.

Package delivered at 6:30 pm. Have them in the sump to warm up, but not holding out much hope.

They are urchins, so hard to tell by looking at them. Placed them in the tank last night... no movement, still in the same place. I think they are gone.

Good Morning

Live Aquaria is owed by Petco. The Cumming store lets me place orders by Thursday and I will pick it on that Monday. I get to see the order to make sure everything is ok and I pay no shipping. You don't get the sale price put still cheaper then paying shipping cost and never have a DOA.

My box was about the same temp as yours, delivered at 4:00pm.  Shrimp and wrasse were goners, so were 2 out of 5 anthias.  Out of the 3 anthias, 2 of them didn't make it, but the lone survivor is swimming around the tank exploring and eating just fine.  Replacement shipment will be here Saturday.  Gotta say, so far dealing with LA customer support has actually been quite pleasant.

Good Morning

Live Aquaria is owed by Petco. The Cumming store lets me place orders by Thursday and I will pick it on that Monday. I get to see the order to make sure everything is ok and I pay no shipping. You don’t get the sale price put still cheaper then paying shipping cost and never have a DOA.
Thats great to know!  Thanks for the information as this will help alot of members.

I don't know about any Petco,but a lot of the Petco's I saw I wouldn't want my fish, anomalies etc in there tanks anyway. Talk to Meagan at the Marketplace store. She takes good care of the tanks and is a pleasure to work with. If it helps you are welcome to use my name.

Back