Live rock transportation

ZapataInc

Supporting
Reaction score
I have some live rock that I'm going to bring to my cousin's house. Do I have to transport it in saltwater or can I do it in RODI water?

I believe there would be a bit more bacteria die off in RODI water, salt water would probably do the best job of keeping the most bacteria alive. I would use tank water and put the fresh salt water in my tank, a little extra water change.

I believe there would be a bit more bacteria die off in RODI water, salt water would probably do the best job of keeping the most bacteria alive. I would use tank water and put the fresh salt water in my tank, a little extra water change.
Thanks Steve. I was thinking that. But I don't have any extra saltwater made and we are going over there in a few. But his tank is already up and running so not to concerned about bacteria die off. I forgot to get with you about that container that would have worked out for me today.

You didn’t mention how long of a trip to your cousin‘s house. i would use the salt water from the tank the rock is in. Keep transport container from temp swings to minimize die off. This maybe helpful:

You can find the inexpensive air pumps at most stores that sell fish and tackle stuff. You can drill small hole in lid to place the airline hose.

-wannabee

Back