live rock

angel

Supporting
Reaction score
I have a question guys I yes got a beautiful piece of live rock the is been out of the water for about a year I like to put it in my tank as a center piece what do you guys recommend to do to the rock I like to put it in this week if possible.

Any suggestions please.
Thank you and advanced.

Depending on where it's been and what I had in the tank should greatly influence this decision. Assuming the worst for the rock and the most delicate of tank inhabitants. I'd rinse, spray, submerse and soak in clean water over and over again. Possibly bleach, dry and start over again with the rinse, spray and soak for good measure. Then after all that and always before setting in my tanks. I take some water change water from the tank a cup of sand or preferably a small rock, a powerhead and seed the new over the course of a few weeks.

While some may recommend other things and they certainly may not be wrong. I'm always wayyy over caution with rock. Too many crevices for nasties to lodge themselves in.

The rock looks really clean it's almost all white with a little bit of purple algae.

If its been dry and not in the water then just spray it off with the hose or rodi water if u want. Nothing could be living on the rock after a year dry

Back