Livestock purchase

russellguero

Reaction score
So I have been out of the hobby for a good minute. What company is the best for online livestock purchase now days? Looking for a yellow wrasse in particular maybe a clown or two.

The Atlanta area has many stores, I would suggest buying local as a first choice. I live a few hours from Atlanta so I have had to make a few online orders. I would avoid Harry’s marine life and live aquaria. I would suggest Michael’s NY aquatic. I have purchased a few fish from petco.com just because of their guarantee, I have had mixed results from them. There are a few vendors that offer livestock that has been quarantined, I believe the humble fish forum has an approved vendor list.

The Atlanta area has many stores, I would suggest buying local as a first choice. I live a few hours from Atlanta so I have had to make a few online orders. I would avoid Harry’s marine life and live aquaria. I would suggest Michael’s NY aquatic. I have purchased a few fish from petco.com just because of their guarantee, I have had mixed results from them. There are a few vendors that offer livestock that has been quarantined, I believe the humble fish forum has an approved vendor list.
Thank you for the response I will look into them. I live in Myrtle Beach SC so Atlanta is a little out of the way.

I purchased from Dr. Reef. If you can’t or don’t want to quarantine yourself, this is the best place to go in my opinion. My fish arrived healthy and he was quick to respond to my questions.

Honestly, if you are getting basic fish (the top 20) I would buy local. You know that they made the trip around the world. I have found mail order is only really worth it for the things you cannot find locally.

Honestly, if you are getting basic fish (the top 20) I would buy local. You know that they made the trip around the world. I have found mail order is only really worth it for the things you cannot find locally.
Plus supporting the LFS is really important imo. When you need something today, websites are two days away.

Back