Loaded Live Rock in Atlanta?

rrkpl

Reaction score
When I lived in Charleston I was able to buy Aqua cultured fresh live rock from Tideline Acquatics. This rock was grown in the Florida gulf and came with any number of interesting hitchhikers. Though it definitely wasn't something you might put in a tank with your prized fish and coral without cleaning it up, my wife had a tank just for this rock and it was extremely interesting watching all the critters. She's now interested in starting another live rock tank up here in Atlanta and was wondering if any LFS in this area stocked that kind of rock?

Any help would be appreciated

Someone more familiar may be able to chime in with what may be in stock for Atlanta.. But personally, I would order Tampa Bay live rock.... its loaded with hitchhikers

Yeah, that's what we were thinking of doing though it always was so much fun picking through the critters at the Tideline LFS and choosing a loaded rock

As far as I know http://www.tampabaysaltwater.com/">TBS</a> is the only company that is Licensed/Permitted by the government to drop and harvest rock. As such Tideline may have just been buying larger quantities from TBS for sale in their store.

I don't know of a local store that carries it here. There are times were members place orders as a group. Also people just place a min order with TBS and list the extra here for sale, that's how I got the couple pieces I have.

Lot of life and diversity with it. Other than a couple gorilla crabs I had no problems with bad hitch hikers.

Back