local source of cast acrylic.

picoreefguy

Market
Reaction score
does anyone know of a place where i can get some sheets of 3/8" clear cast acrylic? im thinking of using a 20L as a sump but i dont think itll fit through my stand doors so i would have to put it in before i screw in the floor and then there would be no removing it once the tank is setup. so im seeing if i could build one myself for a reasonable cost that would fit through the doors so if i need to upgrade or do some deep cleaning or whatever i can pull it out and do what i gotta do.

one more thing id prefer a place on the north side cause i live 100 miles northeast of midtown, ill make a longer drive if it have to but i want to save as much gas as possible.

Calsak plastics in Lawrenceville usually has the best prices, but you have to buy it by the sheet.

3105 Sweetwater Rd NW
Lawrenceville, GA

770-921-4550
a>

I'd like to build my own sump too... Is there a universal recognized clamp you guys use to hold the panels together during gluing? And you just use that epoxy y'all were talking about in that other thread and then silicon the inner seams? Does the weld on 16 work for this too?

Read this thread: http://www.garf.org/tank/BuildTank.asp">http://www.garf.org/tank/BuildTank.asp</a>

It is for an aquarium, but same principles apply. Just plug in your dimensions, and it will give you a pretty standard assembly process.

Electrical tape is all you need for assembling a sump, you can stretch it to get more tension.

Weld-on 4 for assembly, and back over the seams if needed with Weld-on 16.

tonymission;985314 wrote: I'd like to build my own sump too... Is there a universal recognized clamp you guys use to hold the panels together during gluing? And you just use that epoxy y'all were talking about in that other thread and then silicon the inner seams? Does the weld on 16 work for this too?

Check out this video Tony.

watch

Thanks for the links and advice guys... seems simple enough and nice to see a local acrylic source for me. Might be worth at least giving it a try. Sound isn't working on my phone for some reason but I'll check those videos out later.

Brijesh, did you ever do this?
If so, how did it turn out?
If not, WHY? :)

Calsak will, but they charge a $15 saw setup fee. It is only straight line cuts.

Back