loctite waterproof epoxy putty?

rostato

Market
Reaction score
I could not find aquamend at HD and was wondering if I could use the loctite waterproof epoxy putty to attach small frag rocks to the live rocks in my tank. It would be Rock to Rock attaching. No flesh of the coral will touch the puttty.

I believe it is the same stuff as aquamend but I just want to be sure...

I wouldn't risk it. It could leech something into the water. Lowes has Aquamend in the glue section if you are comfortable with using it.

I guess I will check Lowes. I am just sick of all my snails knocking down my frags.

I went to both Lowes in Warner Robins and they both do not have Aqua-mend.

I am starting to get pissed. Everyone at Lowes and HD looks at me like I am a retard looking for Aqua-mend.

At my local HD Aquamend is near the paint for some stupid reason. You could also buy it online.

Yeah I looked near the paint section. I guess everything in Warner Robins in Ghetto...

I have never seen it at Lowes but bought it 10-15 times at HD. It is right beside the paint isle where other adhesives are.

I looked there. Maybe they were out of it. But when I asked I got the blank stare and the "what are you using it for?"

When I tell them they are like "NOOOOO don't do that."

I just tell them I will worry about my tank and they can just show me where the hell the Aqua-mend is!

Sorry, I am just getting tired of picking my frags up off the sand bed.:sad:

rostato;236833 wrote: I looked there. Maybe they were out of it. But when I asked I got the blank stare and the "what are you using it for?"

When I tell them they are like "NOOOOO don't do that."

I just tell them I will worry about my tank and they can just show me where the hell the Aqua-mend is!

Sorry, I am just getting tired of picking my frags up off the sand bed.:sad:
LOL thats the same reaction I get when looking for something in the plumbing section. I ask for a specific part then they are like "what are you using it for" I always tell them its for my meth lab.

johnr2604;236847 wrote: LOL thats the same reaction I get when looking for something in the plumbing section. I ask for a specific part then they are like "what are you using it for" I always tell them its for my meth lab.

LMAO

rostato;236487 wrote: I could not find aquamend at HD and was wondering if I could use the loctite waterproof epoxy putty to attach small frag rocks to the live rocks in my tank. It would be Rock to Rock attaching. No flesh of the coral will touch the puttty.

What's wrong with using superglue? Are the snails that strong?

johnr2604;236847 wrote: LOL thats the same reaction I get when looking for something in the plumbing section. I ask for a specific part then they are like "what are you using it for" I always tell them its for my meth lab.

Awesome. Next time I will have to do the same...

I don't think super glue will cure under water will it?

Yep. Use superglue Gel--and use it liberally. How well it works depends in part how clean your rocks are. I use it to glue frags all the time. I've used it to glue plugs or rubble to rocks with less success--I usually use a combination of epoxy and superglue for stuff that I really don't want to move.

I need epoxy for attaching these frag rocks.

Anyway, I went back to HD and to the one in Macon, and talked to both managers. Apparently they stopped stocking Aqua-Mend. Guess I am buying it online.

Back