Long nose hawkfish

Reefchef

Supporting
Reaction score
So for the past week or so my hawk fish has looked depressed and not really eating strong. I thought my old wrasse was just upsetting him, but he's still not really active. I'm going to get out my 5 gallon qt and try to put him in there for a while and try to feed him back to happiness! I may try to get in some items from reef nutrition to try such as their mysis shrimp. I haven't changed anything except my skimmer. Everyone else seems to be happy. This is one of our first babies, so I definitely don't want to lose him.

Parameters
Salinity - 1.025
Alk - 8.79
Cal - 411
Mag - 1319
Nitrates- 0
Phosphates - 0

Have you added any other fish or moved things around in the tank? They’re quirky fish. I never really paid much attention to them until my son talked me into getting one a month or so back. He's actually been a really cool addition to the tank. I noticed he got a little weird though when I added my Copperband and Flame Angel... and he really doesn’t like it when things get rearranged. :rolleyes:

We added a few fish in March but he seemed to be doing fine or I didn't really notice. We've just been adding a few corals. I'm hoping by taking him out and reintroducing him will help. I love him he's a cool little fish!

Back