Look at this, made me laugh

acroholic

Lifetime
Reaction score
Sums it up pretty well, hehehe!

i7s8.jpg
alt="" />

Yeah! That's honestly true! When I was selling parts of my old 150 gallons different fellas would come to the apartment were I used to live and people would look at me like I was doing something suspicious LOL! Got to love reefing!

joseayes;941709 wrote: Yeah! That's honestly true! When I was selling parts of my old 150 gallons different fellas would come to the apartment were I used to live and people would look at me like I was doing something suspicious LOL! Got to love reefing!

I got one better. I have been pulled over after making several "deals" in a parking lot. I was selling a bunch of equipment, had just picked up a bunch of fish store style bags from one person, and was also giving away some 2 part to a reefer. I was detained for a bit until I explained what I was doing with a big bags of DIY 2 part, a wallet full of $10s and $20s, and a bunch of smaller "baggies" for "breakdown". No joke.

I lived up in Alpharetta in a Golf Course type community for 10 years, and my fish room was a spare 1st floor bedroom/office with a bay window facing the street. I had three planted tanks in there, and the lights looked like grow lights you'd use for cultivating that non-habit forming marijuana. So once every couple weeks I would leave my blinds up in that room so anyone going by could see there were aquariums and not pot plants in that room.

Xyzpdq0121;941865 wrote: I got one better. I have been pulled over after making several "deals" in a parking lot. I was selling a bunch of equipment, had just picked up a bunch of fish store style bags from one person, and was also giving away some 2 part to a reefer. I was detained for a bit until I explained what I was doing with a big bags of DIY 2 part, a wallet full of $10s and $20s, and a bunch of smaller "baggies" for "breakdown". No joke.

That happened to Barry, LilRobb, me and a couple other ARC Members in the parking lot of Sals first reef store in Acworth several years ago. We were all picking up reef stuff from Robb from a for sale thread he had going and that was a place everyone knew. Cops thought it was a drug deal at first, then just told us we were conducting business on private property and we had to leave.

I saw that meme a while back on FB and yep, it's 100% correct.

A few years ago, I was buying a frag from a fellow hobbyist, and typically hobbyists would bring stuff in for trade but on this particular occasion, the hobbyist didn't have time to come up to the shop, so we arranged to meet at a gas station just off 575 in Woodstock.

I pulled up around the back of the gas station, the hobbyist was in a black Escalade, I pulled up, we rolled windows down and exchanged a bag and a $20 (!!!) I was so laughing and freaking out that we'd get busted ;) So yeah, I got a taste of what all the other swappers/traders go through in various and sundry parking lots!

I have also heard tell of hobbyists getting visits from their local constabulary under suspicion of what was growing under all those lights :lol: Usually the story ends with the officers being invited in and the hobbyist showing off his or her tank, and everybody having a good chuckle about it :D

Jenn

Acroholic;941665 wrote: Sums it up pretty well, hehehe!

i7s8.jpg
alt="" />

yeah, Dave...kinda so 4 weeks ago on FB, lol....

just playin' buddy...

Xyzpdq0121;941865 wrote: I got one better. I have been pulled over after making several "deals" in a parking lot. I was selling a bunch of equipment, had just picked up a bunch of fish store style bags from one person, and was also giving away some 2 part to a reefer. I was detained for a bit until I explained what I was doing with a big bags of DIY 2 part, a wallet full of $10s and $20s, and a bunch of smaller "baggies" for "breakdown". No joke.

Because in our country....the police state.... you are GUILTY until proven innocent.

Back