Look what the mail lady got me.

wolfie

Market
Reaction score
Anyone want to volunteer to help me mod this bad boy?
000_0098.jpg
alt="" />

I think I am going to love this 1 and I got a heck of a deal for it also. Now if only I know how to mod this badboy then it going to be a monster for my 75GL tank

I been reading on RC and thinginh that a gate valve and mash mod would be supper.

I'd definitely do the gate valve mod and then run the skimmer for a bit. You can always do the mesh mod if you aren't getting the skimmate you think you should. The mesh mod is certainly worthwhile but it's also sort of an "art" to get it right.

Gate valve is good. The Mesh mod is kind of tricky to get dialed in but it has turned my ASM G3 into a beast. The pump(Sedra 5000) is a pain to restart on mine whenever it gets unplugged for cleaning or power outages.

stuck are going to be a BIG problem for me, as I turn off the skimmer everyother day. So skeeping the Mash mod would be better for me then.

So I know the pip are 1.25, but where can I go and buy all the stuff I'll need to get it going?

The problem really isn't dialing it in with the mesh, its getting it right so it doesnt effect the operation of your pump. You can easily have the mesh lop sided and it'll make your pump run higher watts, which creates more heat and thus reduces life of the pump. You can easily tell that if you have a kill a watt. I'd highly suggest one of those if doing the mesh mod. I'd recommend right off the bat doing a gate valve mod and recircing it :) Can't go wrong with those two mods.

David. Thanks. I know how to do it, but do not have the mash to do it with :p

You need to cut all the pins out of the Impeller, also there are 4 holes there that you will need to leave it uncorver.

YOu should be able to use 3 layer of mash on it without having any problem.

I need to get mine done also, but still clueless as to where I can get the mash to to it.

I meshed my ASM G 4 skimmer. I also recirced it and fed the dirty overflow water directly into the skimmer body. I controlled how much raw new water the skimmer received since I had two overflows and I put a T and a gate valve in one of the overflows and ran one end of the T into the skimmer.
To mesh mod it I watched / helped Cam do his. Then I went home and did my Sedra needlewheel. I removed all the pins but 4 that I left in an " X " pattern. It was nice because they help to hold on the mesh while you are working on it and I suppose while it is running. Use two very small plastic zip ties to hold on the 3 layers of mesh.
Works great and I would highly recommend the mod as it increases the efficiency of your skimmer.
Cheers! :)

easyer to cut it biger then trim it down to the same size as the disk or smaller.

http://www.talkingreef.com/forums/podcast-episodes/3641-euroreef-mod-podcast-epiode-91-a.html">http://www.talkingreef.com/forums/podcast-episodes/3641-euroreef-mod-podcast-epiode-91-a.html</a>
That a good link for Mash mod

purpleGORILLA;149763 wrote: I need some crab000. Where are you located and will you be at the meeting?
I live about 20 miles north of Canton on 575. I won't be able to make it to the meeting (way too far on a school night!:D) If you'll PM me your address and how much of which kind I can drop it in the mail.
Steve

Back