Lookie what i found...

saltyvixen

Market
Reaction score
Someone threw away a 20g tall with hood, light, and filter. I leak tested overnight, holds water. It seems to be in dang near perfect condition, almost no scratches outside one small spot. The only thing wrong is two chips. One is so small i dont think it even matters. The other is a deeper chip. WHat do you guys think?

100_1048-1.jpg
alt="" />

100_1062.jpg
alt="" />

Below is the small chip
100_1056.jpg
alt="" />

And these are a few shots of the larger chip
100_1051.jpg
alt="" />
100_1050.jpg
alt="" />
100_1049.jpg
alt="" />

Are those stress cracks or scratches next to the chip (5th picture)?

jtsreef;965855 wrote: Just noticed that also..

Yeah maybe a week. I mean it can't hurt
Its just scratches.
Lol, fine for me, i dont know what to do with it anyway.

jtsreef;965864 wrote: Why is that? I'm thinking about doing one. And from what I have seen they aren't that hard

Seahorses require:
A) a taller tank
B) a dedication to doing things "their way"

As an aside, I personally wouldn't use that tank. The chips deter me. At petco, that tank is only $20 right now. $20 seems like a small amount for piece of mind.

I dont even know if i am going to use it, but i might. I know petco is having their dollar per gallon sale, but im not looking for a tank lol. I just happened to find this one. But no seahorses lol. Just no. Its possible i could use it as a qt tank, when and if needed.

I'd do a couple of things.....1) if you were to use it at all, I would fill the cracks/chips with superglue. 2) it would make a very handy QT tank.

jtsreef;965864 wrote: Why is that? I'm thinking about doing one. And from what I have seen they aren't that hard

..... I believe that seahorses require live food in order to live. You may want to check some other sources before you plunge into something that delicate. ---- just my 1/2 cent

Wannabee

WannabeeaReefKeeper;966099 wrote: ..... I believe that seahorses require live food in order to live. You may want to check some other sources before you plunge into something that delicate. ---- just my 1/2 cent

Wannabee
I have been looking into it over a year.. The hardest part I have read is getting them to eat frozen or pellets. This is why I don't have a tank yet. But I forgot what Lfs it was but I was told getting a captive bred one would be easier (not 100 sure they will but a better chance) to get them to eat.

I have read that if seahorses are in a square/rectangle tank, you can't have a lot of flow. They are very weak swimmers. If they get trapped in a corner because of too much flow, they are unable to swim out of it and can die rather quickly. Not sure of how true this is, just remember reading about it. But a seahorse tank would be awesome!

tshives26;966219 wrote: I have read that if seahorses are in a square/rectangle tank, you can't have a lot of flow. They are very weak swimmers. If they get trapped in a corner because of too much flow, they are unable to swim out of it and can die rather quickly. Not sure of how true this is, just remember reading about it. But a seahorse tank would be awesome!
They for sure need low to no flow almost. If my cylinder tank was bigger then 3 gallon I would try it but deff want a bigger tank

Back