looking for a design

sra_chipmunk

Market
Reaction score
I am looking for a specific design to hold on the doors to your stand. I want my doors to be held on by magnets. Does anyone have this or know of this design?
thanks
Tom

I built a little utility cabinet that goes along side my tank and it has 4 door magnets on it that holds the door in place. It's cool but lame at the same time, because I have to put the door somewhere every time I remove the door. Needed to do it though, there was no room for a door to swing open if it were on hinges.

I have my tank stand door doing that. It is on the ground so no magnets needed. like glxtix said, kind of a pain to move the door every time but hey, i can actually do stuff in the stand w/out having to deal with a door being in the way. i have build pics around here somewhere if you'd like to see.

you can use <u>clip</u> style european hinges that very quickly snap off of the frame or function as a typical hinge also. Rockler or Woodcraft should have them or any cabinet supply co.
product.cfm

Why dont you try this. I used these in my stand after removing the drawer sides and bottom. I used these to hold the face of the drawers on. For easy access....
product.cfm

Another suggestion if you want to take the door off is Velcro.

how about lift-off hinges? then you could swing open and closed or just pull them off

LiftOffGRP.jpg
alt="" />

Thanks for he good ideas guys but I think I will go with some rare earth magnets countersunk into my stand and some flat washers on the door. I think that should work out good.

Back