looking for a good skimmer

rodriguez

Market
Reaction score
i have a reef octopus NWB200 on a mix 180 gallon tank but it don't look like is not doing the job well, because i am fighting with red slime in the tank and i have a lot of flow with 4 MP40's and 2 640 gph Koralias plus my return pump mag 18, but i do have 4 clown, 5 anthias, 2 tang, 1 angel, 1 goby and 1 wrasse that i am feeding well, so i am planning to get a bigger skimmer what i wanted to see what you guys recommend to get, i am looking at the Bubble Magus hero 77 rated for 185-400 or the BM-NAC9 rated for 395-530 or the Diablo XS350 rated for 400, unless you guys have some other ideas please help. thanks

If space is not an issue, why not go with SRO3000 or similar? It's a beast of a skimmer...

I hear the Diablo rocks! Don't know myself because I've not used one. If you decide to sell that NWB200....let me know....I may be interested.

I use the sro3000 int and it works great. What about chemiclean for cyano? It works in a couple days and might increase your outcome for battling it in the future.

thanks guys and i will be going with the SRO-3000 and i got the space in my sump, i use the chemiclean and the tank is clean but i don't want to continue having this stuff so i will get me a new skimmer and if you want the NWB200 make me an offer, but it will not be available until i get my new one.

yes i have my RO/DI 6 stage system with dobble DI and i change the filters socks every 2 days

I have been using the AquaC skimmers for awhile now and am thoroughly impressed with them.
Chris

Back