Looking for a Kalkwasser alternative?

porpoiseaquatics

Market
Reaction score
Then I just might have one for you. I have read (and personally used) Mrs. Wages Pickling Lime in place of Kalkwasser powder. Originally I could purchase it in the canning section at Kroger's but it's either seasonal or they've quit carrying it. In the store it was a touch cheaper than Kalkwasser. However, I've found 16 oz packages on http://www.fleetfarm.com">www.fleetfarm.com</a> for just $2.86. Of course there is shipping so I did a test and so far if you order 1 package or 3 packages, shipping is just $7.95 and they don't charge sales tax. I got 3 lbs for less than a 500g container of Kalkwasswer.

I've had great results using this product as my Kalkwasser addition to my ATO water.

Just information, do with it what you will.

That great to hear!
I just did a search and for Prime members at Amazon a 6 pack is $23.56 delivered.

ref=sr_1_4_a_it

Thanks Jeff, been using Mrs Wages for a awhile and you're right great stuff. When everybody else is out of stock the Ace Hardware close to always seems to have some. This is a great back up in case they run out

Sewer Urchin;1105478 wrote: Thanks Jeff, been using Mrs Wages for a awhile and you're right great stuff. When everybody else is out of stock the Ace Hardware close to always seems to have some. This is a great back up in case they run out

Thanks Ben. I'll check my Ace. They're only about 2 miles from my house and a friend of mine owns it.

Back