Looking for a little help with the sump

zapped82

Market
Reaction score
So I have my 135 up and the pump is finally working minus the annoying squeal(amazing what a $11 bearing will do). All of the equipment shown in the pics was included with the setup and I'm looking for some suggestions on how to setup the sump. Right now it's running (minus the skimmer) but I'm getting millions of micro-bubbles. I've checked all of the connections to make sure they're tight but I'm guessing it's due to the water not going through a real bubble trap. I still have some organizing to do but I want to get it working correctly before I attach the hoses to the stand.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Zac
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
112277=6884-DSC_0365.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
112277=6884-DSC_0365.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC_0365.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
112277=6885-DSC_0366.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
112277=6885-DSC_0366.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC_0366.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
112277=6886-DSC_0367.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
112277=6886-DSC_0367.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC_0367.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
112277=6887-DSC_0368.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
112277=6887-DSC_0368.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC_0368.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

You might try a filter sock over the pipe in the first section where your tank overflow drains into your sump. What size (GPH, head pressure max.) is your return pump?

sammy33;112286 wrote: You might try a filter sock over the pipe in the first section where your tank overflow drains into your sump. What size (GPH, head pressure max.) is your return pump?

It's a Blueline 70 HD. I'll try out the filter sock, thanks for the suggestion.

I can't tell by the pic. what is under the skimmer out put but you may want to look there. I would try to run the output as far away from the return pump as possible.

The skimmer is not hooked up in the pics. I'm still working on getting it up and running but I plan on trying to get the output over to the other side of the sump.

Oh you where the one that bought Art's old tank! I was wondering who grabbed it!

GL with the Micro Bubbles!

NavyReefer;112307 wrote: Oh you where the one that bought Art's old tank! I was wondering who grabbed it!

GL with the Micro Bubbles!

That was me, didn't really need it but couldn't pass it up... Only been looking at it for a few months...

I've done everything I can think of to try and eliminate the bubbles but still can't get rid of them. I don't really want to take the whole pump plumbing apart AGAIN but I guess that's my next step because it's gotta be sucking air from somewhere. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks for the help!

Zac

Back